Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Serving in Florida

Wow- It has been so many years since I have been a waitress I have forgotten just how glamorous its not. There a few jobs that there is a boss who will take care of you yet alone even care about you. I am really glad that I had a chance to read this essay. I was beginning to think that I should put school on hold for a while. I do believe that my mind is changed. I may just take a few less credits and not be in such a hurry to finish my degree.
The details in this essay are so true. Many of us have had that what am I doing here moments at work. If I can just get through this week.
There was a time in my life when I new little about what was going on in the outside world. I had just gotten married, my husband worked out of town, I had nothing else to do to occupy my time so I worked three jobs. In the morning I went to the elementary school to teach reading recovery program. When my shift was over at the school I went to the mall where I worked in a clothing store, from there I went to my night job as a waitress in a Mexican restaurant. There was no free time. I simply mad sure that I had every other weekend off for when my husband would come home.I am so glad that I don't live that life anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment