Wednesday, February 11, 2009

CAPITALIZATION RULES

I often find my self unsure of when to capitalize a word or series of words. There is the obvious at the beginning of a sentence, but I needed a little more understanding. Maby these five rule will help you out.


1) Capitalize the pronoun I.
Example: Jennifer and I went to the movies yesterday.
2) Capitalize the first letter of the first word of each sentence.
Example: Learning to capitalize correctly will improve your writing.
3) Capitalize the first letter of names of people, organizations, and places.
Example: Juan went on a trip to Tokyo, Japan for his company, General Motors Corporation.
4) Capitalize the first letter of adjectives that are made from the names of people and places.
Example: I like Mexican food.
5) Capitalize initials
Example: My brother's favorite author is H.G. Wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment